The first aid convoy since November entered the Syrian rebel enclave of Eastern Ghouta Monday, the U.N. said, after intensive bombardment by the army killed more than 250 civilians last week.
“First U.N. and Syrian Red Crescent inter-agency convoy this year crossed conflict lines to Nashabieh in Eastern Ghouta to deliver food, health and nutrition supplies for 7,200 people in the besieged enclave,” the U.N. humanitarian affairs office said.
Some 400,000 people live in the enclave outside Damascus where they have been under siege by the army since 2013, facing severe food and medicine shortages.
Samsung Brings Flagship Features to Broader Smartphone Market With LPDDR5 Multichip Package
Demi Lovato on How Family and Friends Are Adjusting to Their Pronouns
Wild bear in Japan injures 4 before being shot dead
Israel to send 1M coronavirus vaccine doses to Palestinians in exchange for future delivery
Samsung’s The Terrace TV Receives Industry-First Outdoor Visibility Verification From UL
Middle East6 days ago
Saudi Arabia bars foreign travellers from Hajj over COVID19
Health7 days ago
U.S. FDA asks J&J to discard millions of COVID-19 vaccine doses
Football6 days ago
Christian Eriksen: Denmark midfielder ‘awake’ after collapsing on pitch
Weird6 days ago
Cape Cod diver left with a whale of a tale after a humpback spat him out
South America6 days ago
Peru’s Castillo on verge of winning presidency after tight race
Other6 days ago
Human Cells Can Write RNA Sequences Into DNA
Other5 days ago
Athletes told to take courtesy condoms home amid physical distancing rules in Olympic Village
Lifestyle4 days ago
Saudi ministry: Women can register for Hajj with other women without male guardian