A man in Russia’s city of Astrakhan has died following an allergic reaction to a snake bite during a stunt performance to entertain fellow watermelon pickers.
According to a tabloid reports by The Daily Mail, the unidentified 55-year-old man was bitten on the tongue by the small steppe viper after his third time attempt at the trick.
The man was later rushed to hospital after his tongue swelled up and suffered from anaphylactic shock.
According to Russian agency Interfax, the man was rushed to the intensive care unit of the Kharabalin regional hospital on September 22. The report said the man was entertaining his friends in the field when he put the snake in his mouth.
A video of the stunt was posted on social media and went viral.
Hazardous materials burned aboard container ship anchored off Vancouver Island
Former PM Chretien on inflation concerns, current affairs
Man under house arrest asks Italian police to jail him to escape wife
China warns of further spread in latest COVID-19 flare-up, to step up monitoring
Scientists use camera connected to brain implant to help blind woman see
U.S2 days ago
U.S. Supreme Court doesn’t block Texas abortion law, sets hearing
Health1 week ago
U.S. FDA panel endorses booster shot for J&J COVID-19 vaccine
Europe1 week ago
Protests greet debut of Italy’s workplace COVID-19 pass rule
Australia & NZ3 days ago
New Zealand sets 90 per cent vaccination target to end lockdowns
Asia1 week ago
Suicide attack on Shiite mosque in Afghanistan kills 47
U.S1 week ago
Biden: ‘Democracy survived’ U.S. Capitol riot because of police
Canada3 days ago
Adding lottery ticket to peanut purchase leaves B.C. woman $70 million richer
Canada3 days ago
Canada’s men’s national soccer team cracks FIFA’s top 50